New Members, from throughout the UK, sought for British Wool Regional Committees
Sheep farmers who value the role of producer-run organizations are invited to consider serving as a British Wool County Representative on one of the nine regional committees in the UK.
What is British Wool and what is required of a Regional Member?
- It is the largest producer co-operative in the UK;
- It has 40,000 registered sheep farmers;
- All 81 County Representative positions are open for nominations;
- Three year appointment, commencing 01/01/20;
- 2 regional meetings a year, plus relevant local duties;
- 1 Annual Conference in November;
- Applications to be returned by Thursday 7th November 2019;
Being a County Member is an excellent opportunity to get involved with British Wool and represent wool producers in your county.
To be eligible you need to be:
- Under 70 years of age on 1st January 2020;
- A registered wool producer;
- Nominated by at least ten fellow wool producers in the relevant area.
No special form of nomination is required, but British Wool will supply one upon request. For forms, and further information, contact Laura Johnson, British Wool, Wool House, Sidings Close, Canal Road, Bradford, BD2 1AZ. Completed nominations should be returned by 7th November to the address above, or by fax - on 01274 652233, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Press Releases